Contact phone: 905-522-2061

barrister and solicitor

Motion To Change

Getting A Motion To Change

A motion to change is required to change or vary a final order to end a final order regarding such as terms as support, custody, access, or restraining/non harassment order.

The most common reason for this would be to change a child support or spousal support order. 

This could be because:

  • Your income has changed
  • The support payor's income has changed
  • The child has finished school, married, or moved out on their own
  • The child or children are now living with the payor or a different person
  • The person receiving spousal support is now able to support himself or herself

These changes are called "material change in circumstances" which is a significant change which, if known at the time of the original order, would have resulted in a different order being made. You must be able to show the court that there has been a change in the order to change the order. 


For a free 30 minute consultation to discuss your case or to file a motion to change, please contact us.

Martin E. Vamos Choose Martin for his:

  • Over 35 Years Family Law Experience
  • Friendly, Attentive, & Motivated Staff
  • Exclusively Family Law practice
  • Free Consultations
  • Location close to Hamilton’s downtown core


Contact Us

Fill out the form below or call us at 905-522-2061.