Contact phone: 905-522-2061

barrister and solicitor

Property Claims of Common Law Spouses

Deciding Who Recieves What In A Common Law Relationship

Property within Common Law separations is not divided the same way as it is for married spouses.

In fact, among Common Law spouses there are no equalization payments, but rather the ability to file trust claims.

Trust claims allow an individual to seek a payment from their spouse for remuneration for contributions to property that the spouse owns.

For a free 30 minute consultation to discuss your case and find out your rights as a Common Law spouse or to file a trust claim contact Vamos Law today.

Martin E. Vamos Choose Martin for his:

  • Over 35 Years Family Law Experience
  • Friendly, Attentive, & Motivated Staff
  • Exclusively Family Law practice
  • Free Consultations
  • Location close to Hamilton’s downtown core


Contact Us

Fill out the form below or call us at 905-522-2061.